FILE AND DEVICE SHARING NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 10

I am not able to share files and devices like printers over a network on Windows 10 PC's. I have enabled file and printer sharing. I suspect that an update was the cause of this, but eliminating the last update is a band aide as it will probably update again with the same update to cause this. What is the work around for this? We share a printer between users to save money on hardware. If we cannot share a printer on a PC and make it available to everyone this causes less productivity. I noticed this is happening whether or or not were on a domain or just in a homegroup. I tried to turn on the SMB, but that didn't help. Is there anything else that needs to be done with the SMB? Has a fix or a work around been developed? We are also having trouble sharing a database from PC to PC. We see the other PC's on the network utilizing the file explorer under the network section. We share a database between PC's but now, the sharing is not working.

-Hi, my name is Claudeir, I'm happy to help you!
The HomeGroup no longer exists, access it and see if you followed the instructions for file sharing correctly:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fil...

About sharing the printer on the network, I suggest that you check the manufacturer's website for the drivers, to keep it up to date.
And check this information:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sha...

If necessary, check your settings:
-Sharing configuration:
Let's check the following:
Windows+i, network and internet, network and sharing center, change advanced sharing settings, in the 'Private' tab, check the following options:
Enable network discovery;
Enable automatic configuration of devices connected to the network.
In the 'Guest or Public' tab, select the following options:
Enable network discovery;
Enable file and printer sharing.
In the 'All networks' tab, check the following options:
Enable sharing so that anyone with network access can read and write files in public folders;
Further down, click 'Choose media streaming options',
Show device on: All networks, then select Allow all, OK.
Going back to the previous part, further down, check Use encryption (recommended) and check Disable password-protected sharing.

-Feel free to leave your opinion, marking as answered if the answer helped, or leaving more details so that we can continue the service, this is very important to us.
Graciously,

Claudeir
Claudeir

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 915 Applies to: