FAKE VIRUS POPUP on Facebook. Screenshot included.

I was on Facebook, and I've seen these pop ups before; saying i have a virus, but learned along the way that that most likely iT's the stealth crap of crypt.. Yet, tech news, blogs, and those who do studies - show these fake pop up virus malware apps are profiting in the 20's of millions of dollars in the last couple years. Top theft scheme of theft schemes, and they just passed a note saying hand over the money. Fascinating, but understandable.  How genius (or cowardly) of those to go from robbing stagecoaches: to sending a note across anonymous networks. Stay at home job maybe? All scares a property owner enough to want to fight or flight but can only fight with payments. Sorry, I digress.. But these Malware Apps threaten "end of the world" computer virus and just a heads up, only ever take interest if its your virus progrom personally installed on your hard drive.. Norton Suite has done me pretty good for year. Although a Virus destroyed it once and it created a desktop shortcut of itself waving a white flag, and on fire... That virus i received thru microsoft build previews. That was my 1st time blogging on here, when that happened. Instantly destroyed all memory, ram, and capability of my brand new PC. I back up externally luckily! 

* Moved from Virus & Malware

* Original title: "A HEADS UP TO YA!" CRITICAL POPUP intended to create unprepared hell for us. FAKE VIRUS POPUP screenshot included

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

MVP Consumer Security 2014-2016
Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 14, 2022 Views 2,254 Applies to: