"Failed to load resource DLL" dialog box on right-click

I'm operating a new computer OEM-loaded with Win7 64bit.  After about a week of operation, and having loaded many new programs, I now get a "Failed to Load Resource DLL" error box whenever I right-click on icons, filenames, etc.

I click "OK," the box goes away, and there are no apparent problems.  But it's really irritating to have to do that for nearly every cut/paste, or other file transaction.

Other (XP, Vists) forums talk about faulty shell extensions as causes and running SFC and re-installing Windows Explorer as solutions.

I've run SFC and got a "no problems found" response.  I'm reluctant to mess with windows explorer without a bit more guidance.

Any ideas?  Anyone?

|
Answer
Answer

I called Ipswitch about this issue. they said they know about it, but there is no time line for a fix.

They do have a work around for it. You can remove the registery key for the WS_FTP item in the context menu.

It can found here:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROO\ *\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WS_FTP

From the command line I use this command to delete: reg delete HKCR\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WS_FTP /force

The problem is that this fixes it after the program is installed. This does not work for me since I am using MDT light touch to depoly windows 7 X64 and applications. When it installs WS_FTP it pasuses the whole MDT process when the failed to load resource dll error comes up until you kick ok.

When i asked them how can I install WS_FTP with out the context menu option the response I recevied from them was:

There is nothing I know of to disable that in the install process, silent or standard

Not very helpful

60 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2021 Views 32,461 Applies to: