Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643

Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643

I am unable to install this update. I start with the basic options of restarting and trying but it has now lasted for quite some time.

I have tried clearing the whole cache of windows update as per the guide by Seema-Bharti here how to clear windows update cache - Microsoft Community

However the failed update just reoccurs on reboot when I restart windows update service.

Os I tried to install it manually from the microsoft catalog. However, the exact KB5001716 cannot be found.

The closest match I found was Microsoft Update Catalog

When I download this, I downloaded the very bottom one, windows 10 and later GDR I cannot find an option to install it just expands into more and more files.

What do I do to clear this bad update?

Answer
Answer

I can confirm the inplace Upgrade does not work to resolve this.

Had an online Microsoft officer try the inplace upgrade as well and it will not update.

The issue with this update is that it errors when downloading so install is never attempted.

This issue resolved when the latest major upgrade for Windows 10 came thru. It didn't install the update however the update was removed from the updates to install after the major update had completed

51 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Try this:

Download and install this Update:

https://catalog.s.download.windowsupdate.com/c/upgr/2022/07/windows10.0-kb5015684-x64_523c039b86ca98f2d818c4e6706e2cc94b634c4a.msu 

Restart the PC when prompted.

After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.

When done restart the pc again.

Greetings

317 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 77,983 Applies to: