failed error code 80010108 for installing windows update agent 7.6.7600.256

all other 10-12 updates downloaded unsuccessfully.  only this one failed.  states it is an important vs optional update, but doesn't give me any options for trying again to install it.  left & right clicking it dead end.  used automatic fix-it, said windows update problems fixed.  update not listed on available updates list.

Question Info

Last updated June 17, 2019 Views 28,920 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,

Are you aware of any changes made to the computer, prior to the issue?

Please check if the update is listed under installed updates.
a. Click on Start, type in Windows Update and hit enter.
b. On the left pane, click on View Installed Updates.

If it is not installed, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the following link to reset windows update components manually.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Note: Follow the steps mentioned in the section “Let me fix it myself”, in the above link.

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.