Facebook Messenger desktop app - Incorrect security code error while logging in.

Hello! I have a problem with Facebook Messenger. Each time I try to login to my Facebook Account from the Facebook Messenger Desktop app, I receive an error message telling me that the Security Code I enter (sent to my Mobile Phone) is not correct. This doesn't happen when I login to Facebook Messenger from my Mobile Phone and when I login to Facebook from either the Facebook app or Facebook WEB Site (www.facebook.com). Perhaps, the problem has to do with the Fabook Messenger app. Can anybody help me with this problem?

***Original Title: Facebook Messenger***

Answer
Answer

Hi Avras,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

·         Does the issue persist, when you try to login to a different Facebook account from your Facebook Messenger desktop app?

If the issue persists on every account you try to login, you may want to try the methods listed below to see if it works:

Method 1

Reset Facebook Messenger app:

·         Open Settings and choose Apps.

·         Click on Facebook Messenger under Apps and Features, and choose Advanced Options.

·         Choose Reset.

·         Wait for the Reset to complete, launch Facebook Messenger app, and try logging in now.

Method 2

Uninstall and Reinstall Facebook Messenger app:

·         Open Settings and choose Apps.

·         Click on Facebook Messenger under Apps and Features, and choose Uninstall.

·         Exit Settings, open Microsoft Store, and reinstall Facebook Messenger app.

·         Once the app is reinstalled, try logging in to see if the issue persists.

However, if the above methods do not resolve the issue, as this is an in-app issue, please get in touch with the Facebook Support.

Regards,

Junaid A
Microsoft Community - Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2024 Views 5,250 Applies to: