Face Recongnition not working on new ASUS laptop

I have an ASUS Transformer 3 laptop, about 3 months old

Face recognition was working fine and has now stopped.  It initial says it recognises me, then just stops booting and displays the Microsoft sign on picture and date.  If i tap the screen, I can get in by typing password or PIN, but the face recongnition alone does not work any more.

Please advise.  There are other posts on problems with Face recognition. but for different laptop manufacturers

Mike Somerville

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

Answer
Answer

Given the situation that you're encountering, it is possible that some system files or registry keys which allow you to set up passwords in your PC is either damaged or corrupt. It is also possible that Group Policies or the Fast Startup Feature is encountering some issues which may cause your credentials or Windows Hello to fail. Now to further troubleshoot your issue, kindly try these following methods:

Changing Group Policy

Group Policies could affect the behavior of Windows Hello or other sign in preferences and usually, disabling Configure enhance anti-spoofing feature could resolve your issue with them. To disable Configure enhance anti-spoofing feature, follow these steps:

1. On the search box, type gpedit and press Enter to open Group Policy Editor.
  2. Click Computer configuration and open Administrative Templates.
  3. Click Windows Componets and open Biometrics.
  4. Open Facial Features.
  5. Right-click Configure enhance anti-spoofing and click Edit.
  6. Disable it and restart your device.

Disabling Fast Startup

Fast Startup allows your PC to power on in a short time. In some way though, it could affect Windows Hello and other sign in preferences. If the Fast Startup feature is enabled on your PC, try disabling it. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Start menu and open Power Options.
  2. Click Additional power settings and go to Choose what the power buttons do.
  3. Uncheck Turn on fast startup and save the changes.
  4. Restart your PC.

Let us know if the above solutions work for you or if you need additional assistance.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2024 Views 3,413 Applies to: