Extend desktop to two displays (Windows 10)

I have been using two displays for several years with various releases of Windows.  I have been using my two displays under Win 10 for several months.  Recently, I had to re-build my Windows10 system (now, Pro build 10240) and suddenly my two displays no longer work as before.  They are recognized as two displays by the system and I can use either one as a single display, but extending my desktop across BOTH doesn't work--just blank/black screens on both displays with the task bar displayed across the bottom of whichever display I have designated as the primary display. I can also duplicate the desktop across BOTH displays, but cannot extend the desktop across both displays. 

No error messages, no desktop photos on either display.  The system seems to be working fine otherwise, all apps seem to be working o.k. I have refreshed all display device drivers and nothing seems to work  I am at a loss as to what to do next.  Any suggestions?

Hi,

Have you tried checking your Display settings? If not, follow these steps:

1. Select Display Under Control Panel.

2.  Under Multiple displays, make sure it is set as "Extend these displays"

3. Click Apply to save the new settings.

Regards.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've tried nearly everything I can think of to resolve this issue and my final attempt was to DISABLE (and completely uninstall) my virus protection-KASPERSKY-and it worked!!!  Don't know why, but everything is running just fine as it has been (prior to this latest issue) for years!  I'm now using only Windows Defender for protection.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2023 Views 3,172 Applies to: