Expression Web 4 Templates

HELP!!! I am about to drive myself to distraction. I am using Expression 4... first time creating web pages using a template. I have the template created (Used an existing PHP page. I am trying to convert the entire site over to templates... most of the pages have the same design/layout/menus, etc...

Soooo... I have my template... it's saved as a template... I opened an existing page to "copy" the content I want to place inside the editable region... I close the existing page... in my template, I paste the content and try to save it with the same name as the existing page I copied the content from... box pops up and says there is a file with the same name and asks if I want to replace it with my new page... yes, I do... A second box pops up and says that "expression web cannot give a document the same name as an open document"... WHAT? I closed the document! It's not open ANYWHERE! I've tried everything I could think of, but I'm not getting anywhere. Somebody please help. My head is getting sore from being banged on my desk so often... Ha Ha Ha

Thanks!!!

Answer
Answer
On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 01:13:16 +0000, Rick Burcky wrote:

>> I am using Expression 4..

You are more likely to get a reply at
where you also posted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Barb
Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Please mark as answered if this answers your question

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2018 Views 2,408 Applies to: