Expired Certificate

Hello everyone.  I received a call today from an HP Rep.  He informed me that HP was receiving notifications, that I had a certificate that was approaching expiration or had already expired.  Our discussion ended when he requested to have remote access to my computer for a one time fee of $99.00.  He assured me that all would be well.  I researched the event id online and there are many who are receiving this error.  I did track down the certificate and it did expire in February.  

Would you please help with steps to correct the error?  THANKS!

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment
Date:          5/28/2017 4:02:28 AM
Event ID:      64
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      RFE-TAMPA
Description:
Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 18 c8 d5 12 74 b1 3e f6 d1 98 59 a0 a2 01 3d 32 5b 3a 10 9a is about to expire or already expired.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment" Guid="{F0DB7EF8-B6F3-4005-9937-FEB77B9E1B43}" EventSourceName="AutoEnrollment" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="32768">64</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-05-28T08:02:28.136379300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>6927</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>RFE-TAMPA</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="Context">local system</Data>
    <Data Name="ObjId">18 c8 d5 12 74 b1 3e f6 d1 98 59 a0 a2 01 3d 32 5b 3a 10 9a</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Hi,

We understand that you're having an issue with an expired certificate on your Windows 10 PC.

In line with this, have you tried contacting your device manufacturer for an update about the next steps you need to do after the procedure they did on your PC?

To make sure that your PC is secured, kindly run your antivirus software as well as the System Maintenance troubleshooter. The System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts, and perform maintenance tasks. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

1. Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
  2. Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
  3. Locate then select Troubleshooting.
  4. Click View all from the left pane.
  5. Locate and click System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

We also suggest that you perform a Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 to delete temporary files.

Let us know the result after following the steps above.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 20, 2024 Views 5,597 Applies to: