Excel file opens with Internet Explorer

Have just completed an excel sheet and saved it; on going back to it in documents find it has been saved with the Internet Explorer icon at the front and .xlsx at the rear, cannot open it. I am using Microsoft 2010 word and excel; have no problem-saving word documents. Thank you.

[Original Title: Excel:]

Have just completed an excel sheet and saved it; on going back to it in documents find it has been saved with the Internet Explorer icon at the front and .xlsx at the rear, cannot open it. I am using Microsoft 2010 word and excel; have no problem-saving word documents. Thank you.

- - -

Windows 10, I believe?

Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps > (Bottom) Choose default apps by file type > (Might take a minute to load) On the left find .xlsx file type > to the right of .xlsx left click whatever icon is there (probably Internet Explorer) the select Excel.

Don

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings Don

Trust all is well many thanks for the info which I tried but had no success perhaps I did something wrong, however, I kept trying and had success saving my spreadsheet with Excel Macro-Enabled Worksheet (*.xlsm) once again many thanks.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 5,736 Applies to: