Everything I download opens under notepad how can I fix this problem?

I downloaded a file which was in a folder format and I needed to be a notepad so I right-click that folder and I selected " open with" and then I selected the notepad, but now all files that I want to download from the web it's automatically downloaded as a notepad instead of a normal folder that it should be.

Thanks!

Hi Vivian.S.M., I am Paulo. I'm an Independent Advisor and an individual like you inclined to help.

By folder, do you mean a zip file? If it is, then all you have to do is right-click on the file then choose Open with. Select File Explorer or an Archiver app like WinRAR then put a check on "Always use this app to open files"

If that doesn't work, check the format of the file. Go to Settings > Apps > Default apps > Click on Choose default apps by file type. Locate the format of the file then choose what app you want it to open with.

If that didn't work, you can reset your default programs to Microsoft recommended defaults Settings > Apps > Default apps to revert all file formats to their original state. Please note that this will also change all programs that you've set to default so you might want to set it again.

I hope this helps resolve the problem.

190 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2024 Views 59,777 Applies to: