Event Viewer / Event 80 HP Active Health "evil is afoot"

Hello, I am a total beginner on computers. Well not a total beginner, I have taken a class or two, but I certainly am no Tech and probably have no business even browsing the event logs because I have no idea what they mean. But none the less, I somehow ended up reading events on my computer in the Event Viewer, by the way I have an HP Omen and Windows 10 which I am not using at the moment, but that is the one that has the Event 80 on it. Anyhow, I came across this one Event that totally has me tripping. The wording is crazy and I have no idea what it means. I'm hoping someone can tell me what it means and if I'm tripping for no reason or if I have a good reason to be tripping! I was in Event Viewer>Administrative Events>(of which there were 2,284 events)>Error>Event 80>HP Active Health. Under the General tab it said"SECURITY WARNING-Unable to deserialize super secret file hashes. Will assume evil is afoot- all Validate 0 calls will return DOESNT_MATCH at HP. Active Health. Commons. Security. Hash Store. Loadhashesfromfile0"

Log Name: Application                 

Source:  HP Active Health                        Logged: 10/28/2018  9:55:41 AM

Event ID:  80                                             Task Category:  None

Level:  Error                                              Keywords:  Classic

User: N/A                                                  Computer:  DESKTOP

Op Code:

Can someone decode this for me? Is evil really afoot? Whatever that means? 

Thanks.

Seems to be originated from HP Active Health program. This is not a typical Windows event. You should get the response from HP on this.

I would recommend that you should cross-post this to HP forum to get the right response. So, your question will be on two forums - This and HP. Experts on both forums will assist you giving you wider reach.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you so much for the response. I will try your advise. I'll be in touch. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Stone_Pearl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What do you mean by cross post? I just posted a new question and tried to closely follow what I posted here on to HP Community. Could I have done it another way?

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Cross posting means posting in more than one forum. You have just done it by posting it on HP forum. (No other way is needed)
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 27, 2023 Views 1,565 Applies to: