Event ID : 1000 Source : Application Error

Hello,

I've recently clean-installed windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 x64 Enterprise Edition. ( less than a week ago)

a few days after, I'm starting to experience sudden shutdowns of my computer, it just occurs without notice no blue screen or whatever as if the power source has been suddenly cut off, I checked the event viewer to see what's going on and I found out that there is an issue related to MsSense.exe and ntdll.dll, the issue is happening constantly like, once every 5 minutes but it doesn't cause my computer to power off every 5 minutes, it just happens that I found no other errors in the event viewer so i'm not sure myself whether or not this is the real cause of the problem.

Here are the details of one event related to this issue.

Faulting application name : MsSense.exe, version : 10.3720.16299.15, horodatage : 0xf5c7b1f0

Faulting module name : ntdll.dll, version : 10.0.16299.64, horodatage : 0x493793ea
Exception code : 0xc000000d
Fault offset : 0x000000000010b2b0
Faulting process ID : 0xdd4
Faulting application start time : 0x01d3607bbd3c67b0
Faulting application path : C:\Program Files\Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection\MsSense.exe
Faulting module path : C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID : 7cfb1f57-2277-4906-8aa1-681ca6edafaa

and here are the details of another event ( occured approximately 5 minutes before the one mentioned above )

Faulting application name : MsSense.exe, version : 10.3720.16299.15, horodatage : 0xf5c7b1f0

Faulting module name : ntdll.dll, version : 10.0.16299.64, horodatage : 0x493793ea
Exception code : 0xc000000d
Fault offset : 0x000000000010b2b0
Faulting process ID : 0x219c
Faulting application start time : 0x01d3607b069c93f7

Faulting application path : C:\Program Files\Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection\MsSense.exe
Faulting module path : C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID : ae93b713-2455-4f15-89b2-32d364d82917

Well, I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2018 to see if the issue gets fixed by getting Windows defender automatically disabled on my PC but it didn't help.

All my drivers are up-to-date. I also tried to repair the protected system files by using the command : sfc/ scannow  but nothing worked. and I don't want to reinstall windows  until i run out of options.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome and feel free to ask me for further details if needed.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Unexpected system shutdown may arise due to several factors. Overheating power supply, viruses, corrupted system files, and overclocking are some of the reasons why a certain device may continue to malfunction.

For isolation purposes, we suggest starting the computer in safe mode by following the steps on this article: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10. Afterwards, check if the issue still persists. This method has been proven to resolve concerns with programs and drivers that might prevent Windows from starting correctly.

If the issue is not present while in safe mode, we recommend performing a clean boot. Monitor the results afterwards. To do so, kindly access this link: How to perform a clean boot in Windows and follow the procedures. This process gets rid of software conflicts and identifies any third party applications that can bring up the issue you are encountering.

Disclaimer: After troubleshooting, refer to this section: "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the article to boot the computer in normal startup once the issue has been resolved.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 14, 2020 Views 8,353 Applies to: