ETD Control Center using 51% of cpu

Original Title: ETD Control Center

why is ETD Control Center using 51% of my cpu

Answer
Answer

Hi Francis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that ETD Control Center uses 51% CPU on your computer. I will surely help you with this.

ETD Control Center" belongs to "ELAN Smart-Pad" made by "ELAN Microelectronic Corp.". It enables the user the possibility to use multi-finger moves on the touch pad.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:
1. Outdated Touchpad driver or software.

2. Conflict between third party applications.

Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:
I would suggest you to download and install latest driver and software for touchpad from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Method 2:
If the issue persists, I would suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs or not. If not, I would suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:
Boot the computer to Safe Mode. In Safe Mode computer starts with minimal set of drivers and files.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode  

Step 2:
If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us  

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 14,373 Applies to: