error_rm_not_active(0x80071a9)

First of all, i would like to say:

I WANT A REFUND! $120 for W7 and you guys can't even give us a Service pack that installs! Nor do you answer forum posts!

I did this 3 times, from 6.1-kb976932x64exe. No go. All security off including browsers, no AV, no Firewall, also tried d/c from internet. My computer shows no SP1 installed. There are several programs that won't install because I dont have sp1. Obviously there is something wrong with the Download since it will not work for so many people.

Please get it together, Microsoft!

Hi CybernOOb,

1. What is the complete error code as the error code 0x80071a9 is not complete?
2. Is the error code 0x80071a91?
3. Have you done any other recent changes on the computer?
4. Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of windows 7?

Depending on your Windows 7 architecture you may download then install and run the System Update Readiness Tool - CheckSur you can download the tool from the links below in accordance with your system type and check if it helps -

Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64bit)

Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32bit)

You may also refer to the below link to check for the system requirements to install SP1 -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/learn-how-to-install-windows-7-service-pack-1-sp1

Hope this helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using 64 bit W7 Home premium from the Upgrade disk. That is the only thing the error said. I cannot download updates, and my computer says i do not have a SP. Microsoft Update Engineer  suggested all of the above, none of which worked. Also tried an in-place Upgrade which they suggested which ended up rolling back due to a program problem. Can't do Restore either. Bottom line is, NOTHING WORKS. I have been trying for weeks now. Searched the forums, i cannot list everything i have tried, i have tried so many things.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

get some people that know how to help when you give them a direct error code instead of just telling you that you need to re-install windows..."error: ERROR_RM_NOT_ACTIVE(0x80071a91)  my email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***  have done alll the little fixes we have found on the net, did download the system readyness, and install (when it is complete all it does is go away and tells me nothing) there has to be a way to turn on RM other than reinstalling the entire code and loosing all my programs, and half my data.............I dont want my money back but this looks more like a Vista problem than the win7...this system Was a Vista upgraded to Win7 Ultimet 17 months ago, worked fine untill four months ago and it would not install many updates. now no sp1, no uptdating the I9 (that I took on as beta many months ago) come on guys, help a guy out... Randy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2020 Views 2,932 Applies to: