error rundll C: \windows\system32\NvCpl.dll @ start up (running windows 7)

I get two errors when I start windows 7 1. C:\windows\system32\NvCpl dll
                                                                2. C:\system32\NvMcTray.dll

How do you fix these errors? 

Question Info

Last updated October 12, 2018 Views 33,521 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

Chuckh319.

Since nvcpl.dll is file related to NVIDIA, I would suggest you to update the latest graphics card driver that is compatible with Windows 7 and check if the issue persists.

If this does not resolve the issue then perform clean boot troubleshooting by following the below steps:

Step 1: Perform a clean boot

1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
  2. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
  3.  On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.
  4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
  5. Click OK, and then click Restart.

If this solves the issue then some non-Microsoft applications may be causing this problem, in this case repeat the Step 1 and continue with the steps provided in the below link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

After this please start the computer in normal mode by following below steps:

1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
  2. If you are prompted for an administrator password type your password, or click Continue.
  3. On the General tab, click Normal Startup.
  4. Click OK, and then click Restart.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Azharuddin M– Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.