Error: "msconrwks.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error" on Windows 10

I attempted to install the MS SQL Server 2012 Exam 70-461 Training Kit and it appeared to install. However, when I attempted to open the training kit MS Press Training Kit, I received the error C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0\msconrwks.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error Status 0X000012f. I have a refurbished Lenovo Laptop.The laptop  came with Windows 8.1, but I upgraded to Windows 10. I was able to load the software on my HP All-in-One without any problems. Suggestions?

Original title: MSLocalWare.exe - Bad Image

Answer
Answer

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern with installing the .Net frame work on your device. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files.

I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.
Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit Enter.
  3. After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 23, 2022 Views 354 Applies to: