Error message: "Unable to restore your PC. A required drive partition is missing", while performing factory restore on Asus laptop.

Original title: Problem restoring my windows.

I bought a laptop Asus N56V series 7 months ago and it had windows 8 then i updated it to windows 8.1. Now my laptop is working slow and I want to restore it to its factory state but when I try to restore it there comes up an error saying: Unable to restore your PC. A required drive partition is missing.

So here are my questions can I restore my PC if not how can I restore/reinstall it to it factory state?

Hi,

Since you are trying to perform a Factory Restore and receiving this error message, you need to get in touch with Asus support for further assistance.

Note: Make sure you have a backup of all the important files on the computer before performing any major tasks.

For further information, refer to the Asus support article:

Asus Support Troubleshooting

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

After you upgrade to 8.1, the Factory Reset option will no longer function.  Try going through Windows and doing the same thing.  If the system was updated correctly, it should have a workaround for installing an 8.0 image over an 8.1 install.

This assumes you still have the Factory Recovery Image partition.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 22, 2022 Views 944 Applies to: