Error Keeps Popping-Up on Computer. Need Help

There has been this message on my computer that keeps popping-up when I'm online. It's shaped like a large square

& has a yellow warning arrow, then it has other numbers and letters on it, plus a very long web site. Then ask if i want to continue

and I always say yes because  have know clue why it's even popping up! I just got down paying Best Buy over $200.00 to fix my computer!

Can you help me anyonne? Thanks.K

Hi Rae,

Thank you for choosing Windows and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

As per the description provided, it looks like you are having issues with a startup message.

Method 1: Place the computer in clean boot and check.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7  by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Note: Follow step 3 to reset the computer to start as usual after the clean boot process.

Method 2: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner in full scan mode, and remove all the threats that get detected by it and see if the issue persists.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is not a replacement for using an antivirus software program that provides ongoing protection.

Reply to us if you face any issues with a startup message  or any other Windows Issue, and I would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Hope this information helps.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 12, 2023 Views 968 Applies to: