Error c:\windows\system32\kdcom.dll is corrupt, after trying to wake up computer from hibernation

Original Title: boot critical file c:\windows\system32\kdcom.dll is corrupt, but start up repair does not fix it.. how can i fix it?

I get this error after trying to wake up my computer from hibernation and having the startup repair start everytime.  After running this is the error and it is not repairable.

boot critical file c:\windows\system32\kdcom.dll is corrupt

Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.       When was the last time the computer was working fine?

2.       Have you made any recent software or hardware changes on the computer?

Method 1:

I would suggest you to start the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists.

This could be happening if any of the background programs is conflicting with the smooth running of your computer. To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow step 7 mentioned in the article to boot the computer to normal startup.

Hibernate the computer and check if the error pops up when you resume.

Method 2:

I would also suggest you to run a check disk and check if the issue persists.

a)      Click on start

b)      Type cmd and in the list right click on cmd and click run as administrator.

c)       In the command console type: CHKDSK c:/f

d)      Press Enter.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found  ,chkdsk tries to repair that sector which might result in data loss

Check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to run the Start up Repair Tool from Windows Recovery and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7

Method 4:

You may also run the SFC (System File checker) Scan in Windows Recovery mode.

a) Open Command prompt from Windows Recovery Mode

b) Type C: and press enter. In C:\ prompt type cd windows\system32\ and press enter.

c) Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

Note: Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD. If any files are found to be corrupt or missing, Windows can fetch fresh files from the installation DVD.

Hope this helps and keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rohit Chettri
Forum Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2020 Views 17,262 Applies to: