Error code OxC1900101-Ox30017

I downloaded the upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1; and received the error message in the topic title:  Error code OxC1900101-Ox30017.

I've also been unable to update Windows 8--Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8 (KB2840633)
I ran the Update Troubleshooter; and then ran DISM tool to fix corrupted files, then restarted system--nothing works; and now I get new Windows Update error: 0x80073712.

I need to know what to try next.

Question Info

Last updated February 10, 2020 Views 1,869 Applies to:

Hi,

If you receive Windows Update error 0x80073712 or 80073712, it means that a file needed by Windows Update is damaged or missing.

Step 1:

If the issue is confined to .netframework update then please try the following step and then try re-installing the update.

• Try downloading the update manually from this link and install the same in a clean boot state:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=39505

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow Step 3 from the link to start the computer to Normal startup mode.

Reference:

Installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8 or 8.1

After you install the update successfully follow step 2.

Step 2:

We have received reports that 3rd party Start Menu apps may be causing upgrade failures. The symptoms are described with the error code 0xc1900101 0x20017. The Start Menu app is created by IOBit. To solve the issue, simply remove the app before upgrading.

Now try upgrading to Windows 8.1

Reference:

Update to Windows 8.1: FAQ

Hope the information helps. Let us know the outcome of the suggested steps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you!
Btw, I ran the DSIM tool twice and it claimed that the corrupted files were fixed; and then tried the manual download of Net Framework, and that failed.

Ultimately, I disconnected all USB devices; disabled all firewall and anti-virus software; and closed all non-essential programs that loaded at Startup, including software for USB devices like Logitech, and cloud synch software like Box.  I downloaded the Windows 8.1 update again; and although the download was slow; the installation was fine.

I will keep your response in mind when I attempt to update my other computer to Windows 8.1.  Thanks again for responding--those error codes were really baffling to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was also getting error code 0x80073712 and my update for 8.1 was stopping at 14%. I did a Clean boot as suggested then did the download and install from the Windows Store and everything worked.
Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.