Error code -50050x8007002 when trying to uninstall Wizard101 game

I have been trying to uninstall Wizard101 (KingsIsle) from my laptop, and every time I get this error code (-50050x8007002 has occurred while running the setup.  Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications (##ID-STRING18##).

I have no idea what any of this means, and I have tried to restore the system back to a previous date and it still does not let me uninstall this game.  I have talked to a person at KingsIsle and they have been unable to help me out. I am not very computer savvy, so any responses are going to have to take that into account. 

Question Info

Last updated December 28, 2018 Views 2,504 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi kbreed03,

1.      Check if the computer is booted in normal mode. As Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers windows installer service will not be started, so we will not be able to install or uninstall programs or software’s in safe mode.

2.      Make sure you have logged in as administrator of the computer. To verify your account type on your computer, follow these steps:

i.           Click Start. 

ii.         Click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.

·         If you are not part of a network domain, follow these steps:

i.           From the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.

ii.         Look at your user account icon, your account type is displayed under your user name. 

·         If you are part of a network domain, follow these steps:

i.           From the User Accounts window, click User Accounts. 

ii.         Select your account from the list, and then click Properties. 

iii.       In Group membership, make sure that you belong to the Administrators group. 

Link: Frequently asked question: User account: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/User-accounts-frequently-asked-questions

3.      You can even uninstall programs from Windows Installer Clean up utility.  Download and install the Windows Installer Clean up utility and try to uninstall the program.

Below link will help you with the same: Description of the Windows Installer Clean up utility

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301.

Thanks and Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.