Error code 45 hardware device is not connected

Can anyone please help, since the last update of windows 10 I am now getting error message:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Sound, Video and game controllers are coming up as hidden, on the taskbar it is showing no audio output device is installed, I have updated all drivers, but not sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anne

Hi Anne,

Sorry for the inconvenience that you are getting error message:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

This error occurs if a device that was previously connected to the computer is no longer connected. To resolve this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

A. We need to check if there is any corruption with the hard drive that you are using.

Try these steps to run the hardware troubleshooter and check.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on troubleshooter.
  2.  Click view all in the left panel.  Select ‘Hardware and devices’ and follow the on-screen instructions.

B. You may also try the steps to uninstall the sound, video and controller drivers and check.

1. Press "Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3.  Right click on the driver and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

4. After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Also refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Hope this helps. Get back to us with an update of audio output devices. We are happy to help!

Thanks & Regards
Joy

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I also had this problem and followed the suggested steps.  Now my device (dual monitor) doesn't even show up as hidden.

39 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem..  I have done the steps above, uninstalling the driver for my webcam but now how do i reinstall?

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 66,915 Applies to: