Error Code: 0xc0000034 in Windows 8.1

Split from this thread.

Hi

I have the same problem with the error code 0xc0000034 and i don't know what to do. I don't have any usb / Disc recovery media. Help me please :/

My computer model is : Acer Aspire M5-481 and mi OS is Windows 8.1 (I had a lot of problems since I downloaded the update) 

Thanks.

Answer
Answer

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting error code 0xc0000034 and do not have Windows installation media. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

Adding to the steps suggested by Blueelvis_RoXXXon August 28, 2014, you may try the following steps and check if it helps.

Error code 0xc0000034 may occur if system boot files are missing or corrupt. As you do not have Windows 8.1 installation disk, I would suggest you to download the Windows 8.1 installation files from another computer running Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7. Refer to the steps in the article to create Windows 8.1 installation media.

Note:
1. If you don't have a Windows 8.1 product key, you can't create installation media. You can't use a Windows 8 product key for this.
2. If your computer came pre-installed with Windows 8.1, you may have to contact Computer Manufacturer to get the Product Key. Because in Windows 8.1 computers which came pre-installed from computer manufacturer, product key is burnt in to BIOS by the computer manufacturer.
3. If you purchased a retail version of Windows 8.1, you may find the product key in online order info, in the confirmation email for your purchase, or on the DVD packaging. 

Create installation media for Windows 8.1
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Once you have Windows 8.1 installation media you may try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:
I would suggest you to perform Automatic Repair and check if it helps.

To perform Automatic repair follow these steps:

a) Insert the USB recovery media and restart the computer.
b) Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.
c) Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:
d) Click Next and select Repair your computer.
e) You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose.
e) Choose the option Troubleshoot and select
Advanced options.
f) You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option.

Method 2:
If automatic repair doesn’t help to repair the startup files, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advance Options.

Refer to the steps:

a)After you boot your computer using Windows 8.1DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

f) Click on command Prompt.

g) Type these following commands and hit enter after each line of command:

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /scanos

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2024 Views 7,743 Applies to: