Error code 0x80070437- "The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process"

Error code 0x80070437- -"

<< "The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process"  >>

I keep getting this messege- I  recently installed W7 hm prof  - upgrade Vista hm prof to W7 & IE 9 via Microsoft Marketplace .

All was going along fine then this error pops up but have notbeen unable to pin point exactky what I did to trigger this. Vigintly

checking anti virus scans show no virus etc.. Any help is greatly appreciated.!

Question Info

Last updated December 14, 2018 Views 19,066 Applies to:
Answer
I had this issue also.

Somewhere along the line the Firewall got disabled.

Possibly when I switched to an isolated local network set-up that was not connected to the www

When I switched my set-up back for internet use i forgot to re-enable the Firewall.

Instead of simply turning it back on I got distracted by the account settings, changed them, and this only made matters worse.

The solution I used is this:

1. Go to Services.

2.  Select Windows Firewall and double-click.

3. In the Windows Firewall Properties box click the Log-On tab.

4. Click the This Account button and enter the words Local Service.

5. If your system is password protected enter your password twice, and then click Apply.

6. Click the General tab and select Service Type = Automatic.

7. Click Start.

44 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.