Error BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED wdiwifi.sys

Hi, recently I just clean install my windows 10 and updated to ver 2004. It worked fine for 1 week, then I keep getting this error. I notice that the wifi disconnected and then system restart. I can login to my desktop and do the task as usual, but then it happens again.

I started using this PC since Jan20, no issue until recent windows update. I have attached DMP and MSinfo file for your reference. Please help me to solve the repeating issue.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtI-kXiFSn5A8EJJ0XjytFpyIKIA?e=7eN7DL

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are receiving Blue Screen of Death. We analyzed the dump file and found the faulty module is wdiwifi.sys

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDbug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch. You may also refer the remark section from the above article.

Let us try few steps and check.

Step 1: Reinstall Wi-Fi driver

1. Press Windows + X key and selectDevice Manager from the context menu.

2. Spot and expand the “Network adapters”.

3. Right click on the driver from the list and select “Uninstall devices”

4. Check the box beside “Delete the driver software for this device”

5. Restart the PC and install the Wi-Fi driver from the Asus website.

Step 2: Update hardware drivers.

We would suggest you to download and install the Firmware, Chipset and the BIOS driver from Asus website.

BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Additionally, refer the steps as mention in this article: Troubleshoot blue screen errorsrefer (While using my device)

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy
Microsoft Community – Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2021 Views 7,283 Applies to: