Error box - "MSNexe-unable to locate component"

I am receiving an error box "MSN.exe-unable to locate component." "This application has failed to start because WLDCore.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

How do I reinstall WLDCore.dll?

I have asked this question previously and was given this answer, but I cannot locate how to re-install in the options given:

http://windowslivehelp.com/searchresults.aspx?query=WLDCore&productid=2

Answer
Answer

Hi,

This issue occurs because of one of the following conditions:

• The %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Wbem\ WLDCore.dll file is missing or damaged.
  • The Path environment variable does in Windows does not point to the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Wbem folder.

You may try SFC scan which would fix the corrupted system files.

SFC /scannow is a super-useful command you can use in any Windows version. When the SFC (System File Checker) command is used with the /scannow switch, the tool will scan all of the important Windows files on your computer and replace them as necessary.

Missing and corrupt operating system files (like many DLL files) are arguably the biggest cause of major Windows issues. Considering that, plus the fact that SFC /scannnow is completely automatic and very easy to use, the tool should usually be one of your first troubleshooting steps.

a)      Click Start,

b)      Click  on All Programs

c)       Select Accessories

d)      Right-click on Command Prompt, and then click Run as    administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or    click Allow

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:  sfc /scannow 

[The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct    Microsoft versions.]

e)      A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time

f)       If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process    to continue

g)      If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not    find any integrity violations"

h)      After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.

Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan –

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2019 Views 87 Applies to: