error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion (Windows 8)

hi , im currently trying to get my firewall working, but it seems I have lost some important files, I keep getting this message when I try to activate it, I also get Error Code 0x80070433.

im on WINDOWS 8, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Eithan,

Welcome to the Microsoft forums where you can find answers to all your Windows related queries.

You have mentioned that you get the error 0x80070433 when you try to launch the firewall. Don’t worry; we’ll help you with this issue.

Just a few questions first, to get a clear picture of the issue;

1)      When did this issue start? Did you make any recent changes to the computer before this issue started?

2)      When exactly do you get this error message?

3)      Have you installed any third party security software?

It appears that some important services which are required for Windows firewall to run properly is either corrupted or missing. I would suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Check the dependent services

Firewall depends on certain other services to work properly. You can check the status of the services by following these steps:

a)      Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc” and press enter

b)      Locate the Windows firewall service and check if it is running, if not right click and select start to manually start it and check.

c)       If it is already running, right click and select properties

d)      Click on the dependencies tab and check the services that firewall depends on to work properly

e)      Now, check if these services are running in the services window. If not, right click and select start.

f)       Right click on all these services and change the start up type to “Automatic”.

g)      Now, restart the system and check.

Method 2:

Step 1: Safe mode

I would suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists. Refer this link to boot the computer in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Step 2: Clean boot

If you don’t face this issue in safe mode, then we will have to perform a clean boot procedure to find out which service is causing this issue. Refer this link to perform a clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer step 3.

Method 3: SFC scan

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

a)      Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt

b)      In the command prompt type the following command: “sfc/scannow” and press enter

c)       Now, restart the computer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
Ben.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

the issue remained unsolved for me. also i am unable to install windows apps.please help me with this issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
I have the same problem as Eithan.

I add as information that before not being able to start the firewall service, this service had disappeard and I used "fixdamage" tool form MBAR.

Method 1 : I found no dependency problem ( BFE and RPC were running).
Method 2 : In clean boot firewall is not accessible.

Method 3 : It found some errors and has made some updates at reboot, but the error 1075 still comes when I try to start the firewall service.

Isn't there anything more efficient to do?

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 12, 2023 Views 9,666 Applies to: