error 0xe0000247: problem in setupCopyOEMlnfW (File). now what to do ?

Answer
Answer
I found the solution :

Windows 8 is enforcing driver signing, and does not pop up the option to "Install driver anyway" during the netlimiter setup, hence why the setup cannot complete.

To fix this, do the following :

• From the Metro UI, swipe to the top right corner, select "settings".
  • In the bottom right, select "Change PC Settings"
  • Select the "General" tab on the left.
  • Under "Advanced start-up" (the last option on the bottom), select "Restart Now"
  • In the next window, select "Troubleshoot"
  • Select "Advanced Options".
  • Select "Windows Startup Settings"
  • When you reboot, you can press "7" at the list of options and you will boot with driver signature enforcement turned off.

Now you can install Netlimiter, reboot, and it will work like a charm.

Thank you Ahmad Nezamipour for your lead that it was the service at fault, which led me to the right solution.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hey guys!

Finaly, after testing NetLimiter 3 on some PCs with Windows 8 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate, I almost found the reason of this error.

The first time that I used NetLimiter was on windows 7 about one year ago, It worked properly. Four months ago I upgrated to Windows 8 and NetLimiter worked well. But... at the first days of 2013 I reinstalled my windows 8 (this version of windows 8 included all updates of Microsoft Website). Unfortunately after that day I couldn’t install NetLimiter. As you know in the middle of installation an error occurs that:

Error 0xe0000247: Problem in SetupCopyOEMInfW (File: ).

Yesterday I installed NetLimiter on some PCs with different Windows. I figured out that this error occurs on updated Winows 7 or 8 and related to windows Defender or somthing like that. It means that if you use the original Windows (the first windows that released and don’t include any updates) you can install Netlimiter without problem. Of course it’s my idea and I’m not sure, because I installed it on a updated widows 7 and this error occured:

“Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software

Don’t install this driver software

You should check your manufacturer’s website for updated driver software for your device.

Install this driver software anyway

Only install driver software obtained from your manufacturer’s website or disc. Unsigned software from other sources may harm your computer or steal information.

The driver software you’re attempting to install does not have a valid digital signature that verifies who published it, and could potentially be malicious software. You should only install driver software from publishers you trust.”

First time I chose “ Don’t install this driver software” and I saw “Error 0xe0000247: Problem in SetupCopyOEMInfW (File: ).”

Second time when I chose “→ Install this driver software anyway” NetLimiter have been installed.

Hope these informations could be helpful.

Pardon me because of my English writing if there was any false.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2024 Views 49,870 Applies to: