Error 0xc0000005 while trying to start a specific application

Earlier, while trying to install an application, got a "blue screen" error. After a PC restart couldn't start that application, was getting error 0xc000012f. Reinstalled all Vistual C++ packages, ran SFC scans, ran a Memory Scan and a DISM scan. Error 0xc000012f went away.

After all the, above mentioned, procedures I restarted my PC. Trying to start another application, previous app is now working, resulted in error 0xc0000005, uninstalled that app and downloaded a new .exe installer for that app. Same error (0xc0000005) with the installer, while all the other apps seem to run properly. Done a memory scan again, as before, 0 issues found. Done a SFC scan and reinstalled .Net and DirectX runtime. The same error persists (0xc0000005).

|
Answer
Answer
Hi, I'm Robinson, and I’m happy to help you today.

Usually, error 0xc0000005 is related to a lack of permission to run the application. Right-clicking on the executable and selecting "Run as Administrator" should fix this problem.

If the problem persists, please provide some more details to help identify what is causing the problem. What is the application that you are trying to open?

Also, please attach a screenshot of the error message.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 46 Applies to: