Error 0x8024001e every time I try to download a game using the Xbox app on Windows 10

I got the Game Pass and I'm trying to download Gears of War 4 using the Xbox beta app on Windows 10.

Besides the download being extremely slow (which only happens using this app cause my download speed anywhere else is just fine), I only get to download like 5% before getting a 0x8024001e error code. It happens every time, The download advances just a little, I get the error and I have to hit Try Again all the time.

What can I do? I already tried some methods like resetting the Windows Store, repairing and even resetting the Xbox app, cancelling the download and restarting it from 0, and nothing seems to work.

Hi SekkeyWho and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I would suggest you refer to the below options and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Option 1. Set Delivery Optimization

1. Press the Windows key and type in Settings and press enter.
2. Navigate to Update & Security > Delivery Optimization.
3. Click 'Advanced options'
4. Uncheck the 'Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates in the background'
5. Check to see whether or not the problem has been resolved.

Option 2. Refresh Network

1. Open CMD as an administrator.
2. Copy-paste (press Enter after each one)

ipconfig /release <Enter>
ipconfig /renew <Enter>
ipconfig /flushdns <Enter>
ipconfig /registerdns <Enter>
nbtstat -rr <Enter>
netsh int ip reset all <Enter>
netsh winsock reset <Enter>

3. Restart your computer, and when it boots up, check to see whether or not the problem has been resolved.

Option 3. Fix: Windows Store Error Code 0x8024001E

https://appuals.com/windows-store-error-code-0x...

Option 4. Fix Windows Update Error 0x8024001e in Windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JjWT_Eg6g

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Than you! I followed all the instructions in the first link you gave me and it seems I got rid of the error 0x8024001e for now. However, my download speed is still horrible and, like I said, it only happens while downloading games from the game pass, nowhere else.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi SekkeyWho,

Have you tried changing the DNS Settings on Windows 10?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-dns-set...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2024 Views 7,962 Applies to: