Error: 0x800f081f DISM restore stuck at 62.3%

Hello,

I have been having issues with my computer where if I play some games like Overwatch or Valorant my computer will freeze up and not allow me to do anything, forcing me to reset it. This would sometimes happen when I'm on YouTube watching a video, but it is much more consistent with games. What would happen was the game or YouTube would freeze and I would get a static noise in the headset which might be from the audio of the game/YouTube that would freeze and just run on playback. I looked online and found that some issues could be drivers so I made sure all my drivers were up to date. (they were) I did sfc /scannow and it did not find any integrity violations. Next, I thought I could have some corrupted files and used the DISM command /checkhealth it said "The component store is repairable" I tried to run the /restorehealth and it froze at 62.3% for a few minutes then jumped to 100% and said, "Error: 0x800f081f the source files could not be found." The next thing I tried was downloading Windows install media so I could give DISM a location to get the source files, but that didn't work either. (See included picture) I'm out of ideas on what could be wrong or what I can fix. I have included the URL to my dropbox containing the CBS Log as well in hopes it will make it easier to find the problem.

Thank you

|

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 20 Applies to: