Error 0x80070490 on Xbox application

Hello,

The Xbox application for Windows is driving me crazy.

From one day to the next, without any intervention on my part, the slightest installation or attempt to update a game on it or from the store sends me back the error "0x80070490".

I've tried TONS of solutions:

Step 1) Login with same account on Store and Xbox App, make sure date, time, time zone and region are correct

Step 2) If installing from Xbox App try installing the it from Microsoft Store library, if using store then try installing game from Xbox App

Step 3) Run this powershell command Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Step 4) Delete Microsoft Store Local Cache Files C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Step 5) Repair/reset Xbox App/Store

Step 6) Update Xbox App/Store from store library

Step 7) Install Xbox identity provider and Gaming services https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbo...

Uninstall remains of gaming service get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers Install Gaming service: start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Step 8) Start all these services IP Helper Xbox Live Auth Manager Xbox Live Game Save Xbox Live Networking Service Gaming services Windows Update Microsoft install service

Step 9) Update Windows

Step 10) Run WSRESET command

Step 11) Uninstall and reinstall Xbox App/Store Get-AppxPackage -allusers WindowsStore | Remove-AppxPackage Reboot your computer Get-AppxPackage -allusers WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Step 12) Try installing to C drive/Different Drive, Rename the WpSystem and WindowsApps folder

But NONE of them worked. And I have absolutely no desire to reformat my computer...

Please help me

Thank you

Hi, Sagaroth,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

As you already tried several troubleshooting and none of them have fixed the problem, the best option is to perform the repair upgrade using the Windows ISO, this procedure will repair all Windows files, apps, services, and registry keys without the need to reformat your computer.

1-Download the Windows 11 ISO at this link.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-downlo...
2-Double-click your ISO file, and click on the setup.exe file.
3-You may be prompted by User Account Control. Click on Yes if so.
4-In the Install Windows 11 dialog, click on Change how Setup downloads updates.
5-Select "Not right now". This will save you from downloading a new build (if available). Click Next.
6-Setup will check your PC and show a license agreement. Click on Accept in the license terms dialog.
7-Wait for the setup program to check for the available free space.
8-On the Ready to install page, click the Change what to keep.
9-Now, you can select Keep personal files and apps, Keep personal files only, and Nothing. Also, Nothing is the only option that will be available if your installation media doesn't match the installed Windows 11 version or language.

Note: It is safe to close the setup wizard at this step and cancel the repair install process. Otherwise, you won't be able to cancel it later. Finally, click Next.
10-Click on Install to start the repair install of Windows 11.

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 2,365 Applies to: