Error 0x8007045d on windows 10

My windows 10 update cannot proceed for unknown reasons. I have also tried using the automatic updater in the microsoft website but it did not solve my issue either. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this error? Thank you.

|
Hi, I'm Robinson, an Independent Advisor and a Windows user like you.
An 0x8007045d error code occurs when a computer has difficulty accessing or reading the required files during a process. This can be caused by a corrupt Windows registry, corrupt system or program files, an incomplete file download, faulty memory modules, or a damaged storage device such as an external hard drive, USB drive, CD, or DVD.

Check if doesn't any corrupt file on Windows.
1-Right-Click on Start then click Windows PowerShell(admin)
2-Type these commands.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press [Enter]
sfc /scannow and press [Enter]

Reset the Windows update components.
1-Press Start>Windows System> Command Prompt right-click run as admin and type these commands.
net stop wuauserv and press [Enter]
net stop cryptSvc and press [Enter]
net stop bits and press [Enter]
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old and press [Enter]
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old and press [Enter]
net start wuauserv and press [Enter]
net start cryptSvc and press [Enter]
net start bits and press [Enter]
netsh winsock reset
2-Reboot and try to Update again

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Rob,

Upon checking for corrupted files using Windows PowerShell, I got error: 0x800f081f and failed to proceed on sfc /scannow command.

Please see attach photo for your reference.

I am now trying to reset the windows update components in cmd using your instructions. I will get back to you if this has resolved my issue.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can use the media creation tool to repair the Windows.
1-Download the media creation tool.
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
2-Run the tool and select 'Upgrade this pc now'
3-Select the option 'Keep all my files and apps'
4-Then click to update.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got this message after doing this

You can use the media creation tool to repair the Windows.
1-Download the media creation tool.
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
2-Run the tool and select 'Upgrade this pc now'
3-Select the option 'Keep all my files and apps'
4-Then click to update.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Run the SetupDiag to check where is the problem with the update.
1-Download SetupDiag.
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=870142
2-If your web browser asks what to do with the file, choose Save. By default, the file will be saved to your Downloads folder. You can also save it to a different location if desired by using Save As.
3-When SetupDiag has finished downloading, open the folder where you downloaded the file. By default, this is your Downloads folder, which is displayed in File Explorer under Quick access in the left navigation pane.
4-Double-click the SetupDiag file to run it. Click Yes if you are asked to approve running the program.
5-A command window will open while SetupDiag diagnoses your computer. Wait for this to finish.
6-When SetupDiag finishes, two files will be created in the same folder where you double-clicked SetupDiag. One is a configuration file, the other is a log file.
7-Attach the file SetupDiagResults.log.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is what's inside SetupDiagResults.log.

Matching Profile found: FindAbruptDownlevelFailure - 55882B1A-DA3E-408A-9076-23B22A0472BD SetupDiag version: 1.6.1.0 System Information: Machine Name = YMTO Manufacturer = Acer Model = Aspire A315-41G HostOSArchitecture = 1033 FirmwareType = UEFI BiosReleaseDate = 20200618000000.000000+000 BiosVendor = V1.18 BiosVersion = V1.18 HostOSVersion = 10.0.19042 HostOSBuildString = 19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406 TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.19041.900 (vb_release_svc_prod3.210311-1736) HostOSLanguageId = HostOSEdition = CoreSingleLanguage RegisteredAV = Avast Antivirus FilterDrivers = FileInfo UpgradeStartTime = 08/06/2021 6:17:10 PM UpgradeEndTime = 08/06/2021 7:31:38 PM UpgradeElapsedTime = 01:14:28 CV = ufyuBpb73kaAK6ux ReportId = 09d37953-5a9a-4add-ad24-31e2b32cca88 Error: SetupDiag reports abrupt down-level failure. Last Operation: Finalize Error: 0x8007045D - 0x50015 LogEntry: 2021-06-08 19:21:56, Error SP SPCopyFilesAndFolders: Failed to copy folder C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\SafeOS.Mount\WINDOWS\Boot to C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Boot. Error: 0x8007045D[gle=0x0000045d] Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information. Last Setup Phase: Phase Name: Pre-Finalize Phase Started: 08/06/2021 6:55:02 PM Phase Ended: 01/01/0001 12:00:00 AM Phase Time Delta: 00:00:00 Completed Successfully? False Last Setup Operation: Operation Name: Unmount the image C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\SafeOS.Mount Operation Started: 08/06/2021 7:21:28 PM Operation Ended: 01/01/0001 12:00:00 AM Operation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000 Completed Successfully? False

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Avast can be the cause of the problem. Uninstall the Avast using this removal tool then try to update again.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Uninsta...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2021 Views 53 Applies to: