Enabling .NET Extensibility and ASP.NET causing error

Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit, When I try to install .NET Extensibility through the "Turn Windows features on or off" dialog (which is automatically selected when you select ASP.NET under Application Development Features) it fails to install. It just says "An error has occurred. Not all of the features were successfully changed." and then asks me to reboot. I tried several forums and several solutions without any luck to get it fixed. Any one has recently got through this problem?

Question Info

Last updated September 27, 2018 Views 4,170 Applies to:
Answer
Yes, I tried Fixit too, no luck, anyway after 3 days of googling and trying everything I figured it out that .NET Framework Config files are all corrupted for some reason and I copied all the config files from \windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\config of a fresh Windows 7 32bit machine and all set. After this everything went back to normal and working fine. Prior to this fix I have also noticed that Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 as well broke and can't able to connect to any db and now all works fine! What a relief without reinstalling the whole OS!!!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi JeganMCTS,

Thank you for sharing the information.

If you’ve any more Windows related queries, you may always post here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.