email issues

I can receive emails from one particular corporate source on one PC but not on another. Both PCs are using W-10.

It's probably an issue of settings or firewall{am using Norton but I understand that Defender is also active]. What to do?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to receive emails on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. May I know the application that you are using to check your emails?

2. May I know the email provider that you are using?

3. Do you receive any error message/code?

4. Is the computer connected to any Domain/Organization’s network?

5. Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to receive emails on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. May I know the application that you are using to check your emails?

2. May I know the email provider that you are using?

3. Do you receive any error message/code?

4. Is the computer connected to any Domain/Organization’s network?

5. Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Thanks Nikhar Khare for your kind response,

herebelow answer to your questions:

1/Mozilla Thunderbird(same as the other PC which receives OK)

2/same as above(if I understood the question correctly). Note: server settings is 'mail3.hostingplatform.com'(IMAP) which is different from the other PC: therein may be the "problem"??

3/No

4/No

5/20H2

PS:Incidentally, for a few hours a couple days ago I was unable to scan from this PC as HP[the printer/scanner] was performing maintenance during daytime hours, WITHOUT notifying anyone....instead they were sending some BS/unactionable pop-up windows. I wasted several hours trying to figure if my PC settings were wrong, til they restored the service and everything was fine afterwards. a lot of people were affected and very upset....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2021 Views 17 Applies to: