Eikon Mini USB fingerprint reader not working in windows 10

Original title: Eikon Mini Softwares

Hi, a few months ago I purchased an Eikon mini USB fingerprint reader. When I got the reader, I plugged it into my PC and set up my finger. I it has never logged me in to my computer since I got it. The package didn't say anything about software needed, but if I had questions to go to a certain website. When I did, it said: "This site is under construction." So I really am not sure what to do now about this. Is there a biometric software I need to download?

Answer
Answer

Hi StealthyNinja473,

I am not sure if you found a resolution as yet. I had the same issue and was able to resolve it.

Windows 10 removed the AuthenTec software for the Eikon mini finderprint reader. Windows compatibility checker removed the software automatically, but did it in a very orderly fashion.  The AuthenTec Eikon Mini driver still appeared under Biometric devices.

The way to resolve it is not to use the AuthenTec software as AuthenTec have not released updated software to my knowledge. Instead use Windows Windows Settings to add fingerprints on the Eikon Mini. To do this do the following:

1. Go to Windows Settings

2. Select Accounts

3. Select Sign-in Options

4. Select Set up under the Fingerprint heading
5. Select Get Started
6. Enter your PIN (don't hit enter) or password

7. Swipe your finger across the reader several times as prompted

8. Select Add Another Finger if you want to add more fingerprints

9. Select Close

10. Close Settings

11. Do cartwheel and rejoice, your Eikon Mini Fingerprint Reader is working again :)

Regards

Richard

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Related to Finger print sign-in, I suggest you to refer to the below article and check if it helps. First login in with regular password sign in option in your user account, then follow the steps from the below links:

What is Windows Hello?

Get Started with Windows 10

Windows Hello and privacy: FAQ

Hope this information helps, please reply with the status of the issue and the required information for further assistance, we will be happy to help.

Thank You.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2024 Views 10,943 Applies to: