Edge Site permission setting

In the Edge settings Privacy, search and services / Clear browsing data on close, site permission has a number.
I can find many articles how to set the setting on/off, but I cannot find how to view what makes up the number of sites.
Also, out of the many articles, I have not found an explanation as to the pro/con for the setting.
How do I display what sites are included in Site permission? Which sites have permission to do what?

Hi Chas. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Go to Edge Settings and more (...) > Settings > Cookies and site permissions to see a list for each website, including location, cookies, pop-ups, and media autoplay. You can control these there.

More about how to manage Site Permissions here:

https://www.webnots.com/how-to-manage-website-p...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-site-...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7_gX8gakQ4

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

At
Cookies and data stored

Site permissions

Recent activity -- I see one

At

Privacy, search, and services / Clear browsing data on close

Site permissions

6 sites

The 6 were there before the recent one (1) showed up. Wonder why it does not display 7.
There is no navigation from the screen that displays the number 6. to identify the six.

I will review the links you sent, hoping they say more than how one turns on/off the site permission.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chas -

I agree that they should have a link from the Site Permissions (6) to where you can view and manage them. Instead you have to go to the link I gave in the very first paragraph of my post to manage Site Permissions.

Everything that can be done with them is also covered in the tutorials I provided.

Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

Also if any particular post provided the solution, please mark it as Answer or Helpful to help others who find this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2024 Views 2,341 Applies to: