Edge does not remove history on exit

Microsoft Edge isn't clearing my history though it is checked in Internet Options.
Edge does not use Internet Options, all the settings for Edge are inside Edge itself.  The other Internet Options only works with Internet Explorer.
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It has been a part of all Explorers to date. Why would it suddenly be dropped unless there is an agenda of some sort?

Not sure if this is the right place to make a request for it be incorporated into Edge

or not, but it would certainly make Edge better in my opinion. Am thinking of reverting to a less "improved" browser due to these intentional oversights and obvious omissions.

Thanks, and your point about Internet Options not being a part of Edge explains

why things are the way they are -- too difficult for me at least.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Follow the steps to clear all history on Microsoft Edge:

1. Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click History Icon.2. Now click “Clear all history“.

You can also check this article which will give you more information about Microsoft Edge:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Yaqub Khan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Follow the steps to clear all history on Microsoft Edge:

1. Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click History Icon.2. Now click “Clear all history“.

You can also check this article which will give you more information about Microsoft Edge:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps.

Even if this works, it places an extra burden on the user when the old internet settings of removing history on exit did it automatically.

Why would miscrosoft do something like this unless there is an agenda behind it?

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and it makes me feel like we are expected to do things any fool would expect from a better browser. After all, computers are supposed to make life easier and be intuitive; at least they were in the past. But Edge makes us babysit in order to protect our history -- OUR history -- not theirs.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Eddgy,

I understand your requirement and I'm glad your interest in exploring things with Microsoft Edge. We at Microsoft always keep your requirements in mind. I really appreciate your interest with Microsoft Edge.

Having said that Microsoft Edge gives you new ways to find stuff, read—and write—on the web. But still there are lot many features that are to be appended. We are molding Microsoft Edge in a best way by collection user requirements to give you better and pleasant experience.

We always welcome feedback from our customers to improve your experience. Suggest you post your feedback on Microsoft Edge by clicking More action /> Send feedback, which helps and to ensure that no miss outs on of your each requirement.

On top of all, you can still use Microsoft Edge in In Private Mode. In Private Browsing prevent Microsoft Edge from storing data about your browsing session. This includes cookies, temporary Internet files, history, and other data. Toolbars and extensions are disabled by default. Press CTRL+SHIFT+P, to open Microsoft Edge in In Private Mode.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

THIS does not work. A solution OTHER than the one provided please.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2024 Views 799 Applies to: