dynamic disk is getting warning

It's Ghritak,

I am facing a issue , you can see my dynamic disk has got some kind of warning/error . it's asking to reactivate disk and you can see beside the healthy it's saying "at risk" . So, what should I do ?

Hello Ghritak,

If you have the disk in an online status and still see "At Risk" appended to the status of the disk then Disk Management has detected I/O errors on a part of the dynamic disk. it would be best to check the disk status using a disk health monitor provided by the manufacturer of your disk or using something like Crystal Disk info to investigate the SMART status.
It would also be recommended to ensure that you have a backup of the data as it usually means the disk is failing in some fashion.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or this hasn't fully answered your question.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I checked the disk in properties>tools>check now>scanned

It got no problem the driver scanned completely and no problem found.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Ghritak.

A disk check doesn't check for the issues that disk management my be seeing. Is this a hard drive or an SSD? Do you still see a "At Risk" still after bringing the disk online?
To bring a disk online or take it offline, right-click the disk name and then choose the action you want.

If the disk is online and it still has a status showing as "At Risk" you need to scan it using something like Seatools for Seagate disks or WD Lifeguard for WD disks. You could also try something like Crystal Disk Info for any brand to get the SMART attributes of the disk and it will give you a status of Good/bad.

Let me know if the disk is online and what you see scanning the disk health.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know how but it got fixed I checked it after getting your reply , the disk is now online and it's not showing the "at risk" error . but still my computer is getting so much lag when i open VLC media player .

And there is one more thing what should I do with those unlocated space?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Ghritak,

I cannot speak to the other conditions on your computer but you can try the following to rule out disk corruption or fragmentation:

Defragment/Optimize steps:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/402670...

Disk Check:
1. Right-click the start menu and select "Windows Powershell (Admin)" and approve any prompts for user account control.
2. In the window that appears type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and wait for it to complete fully. Next type sfc /scannow and also wait for it to complete. Both steps can take a little while to complete.
3. Reboot the computer and test.

As for the unallocated space on your disk. You can only extend a disk into space that is directly beside it in the Disk Management window. Thus, without reinstalling Windows you can add the 459MB of unallocated space to the C drive and the 8.3GB to the E: drive. To do so right click the disk and select "Extend", it should automatically prompt with the new maximum size if you just click next, next-next, finish.
If you desire to change the partitioning around further the only way to do so in Windows directly is to delete partitions and recreate them until the desired space beside the partition you want to expand on the right side.

Hope this helps,

Brad

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2024 Views 1,867 Applies to: