DVD drive not ejecting when double clicking on it.

DVD drive not ejecting when double clicking on the DVD icon in Explorer when it is empty. Normally when double clicking on the DVD drive when it is empty would give a message that I have to insert a CD and it would eject the slot, but recently it will only give a message and not ejecting the slot and halting with the spin wheel and not ejecting it. It will eject only via the button or clicking on "Eject". Also the message that you must insert a cd is different. And the "Recording" tab is gone. Also when selecting the drive and clicking the 3 dots on top in the pane, are missing the burning options.

Is there a way to fix it, it should auto eject and returning the Recording tab via registry?

This is the Recording tab as it should be:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now missing:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the correct message and does eject:

This is the message appearing now and does not eject:

Here it is as it should be with burning options:

Now Missing burning options:

|

I solved the problem:

1. Open Registry.

2. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.

3. Create a DWORD named - NoCDBurning.

4. And leave the value to 0.

That's it. Everything is now as it should be.

(I had it as a String value REG_SZ I (do not have any clue what or who changed it) I deleted it and changed it to REG_DWORD).

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 45 Applies to: