DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (tcpip.sys)

Hello I get a BSOD with the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (tcpip.sys)

So  I Have tried to update all my Drivers with DriverGenius But I still get this error.

I have at least 100 Dmp files because of this crash.

When I check through BlueScreenView the files that are in red are:

hal.dll

ndis.sys

NETIO.SYS

tcpip.sys

ntoskrnl.exe

nvlddmkm.sys

MRVW13B.sys

nwifi.sys

Ndu.sys

win32k.sys

So Im guessing there are some problmes with these files.

And when I try to put my DMP files into a Zipped file it says 'No file found or No read permission'

So could you please help me

That would be very appreciated because its so frustrating when my computer turns off every 5 mins

As soon as I can get the DMP thing fixed ill send my Dump files to you.

Ohh yeah and  I am on Windows 8

:D

Hi,

In order to assist you, we will need the DMP files to analyze what exactly occurred at the time of the crash, etc.

If you don't know where DMP files are located, here's how to get to them:

1.    Navigate to the %systemroot%\Minidump folder.
 2.    Copy any and all DMP files in the Minidump folder to your Desktop and then zip up these files.
 3.    Upload the zip containing the DMP files to Skydrive or a hosting site of your choice and paste in your reply.

If you are going to use Skydrive but don't know how to upload to it, please visit the following:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-SkyDrive

Please note that any "cleaner" programs such as TuneUp Utilities, CCleaner, etc, by default will delete DMP files upon use.

If your computer is not generating DMP files, please do the following:

1. Start > type %systemroot% which should show the Windows folder, click on it. Once inside that folder, ensure there is a Minidump folder created. If not, CTRL-SHIFT-N to make a New Folder and name it Minidump.

2. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Ensure there's a check-mark for 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives'.

3. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > System Failure > ensure there is a check mark next to 'Write an event to the system log'.

Ensure Small Memory Dump is selected and ensure the path is %systemroot%\Minidump.

4. Double check that the WERS is ENABLED:

Start > Search > type services.msc > Under the name tab, find Windows Error Reporting Service > If the status of the service is not Started then right click it and select Start. Also ensure that under Startup Type it is set to Automatic rather than Manual. You can do this by right clicking it, selecting properties, and under General selecting startup type to 'Automatic', and then click Apply.

If you cannot get into normal mode to do any of this, please do this via Safe Mode.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks!

The attached DMP files are all of the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) bug check.

This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high. This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

-----------------------

By default, the fault of the crashes is NETIO.sys which is the Network I/O Subsystem. This is not the true cause of the crash, and usually when we have network related crashes like this, it's caused by one of two things:

1. Network drivers themselves need to be updated.

2. 3rd party antivirus or firewall software causing NETBIOS conflicts.

I see the problem here ~ MRVW13B.sys - Thu May 03 04:11:12 2007

^^ Marvell 802.11 Windows generic NIC driver. There is no Vista or Windows 7 version of this driver, therefore there certainly isn't one for Windows 8. With that said, whatever wireless device this driver is for, whether a router, adapter, etc, is not supported by Windows 8 and you will need to get a more up to date method of connecting wirelessly.

-- Also, do not ever use 3rd party driver updating software to download your drivers!!! Always visit the manufacturers website. 3rd party driver update software is known to install buggy, broken, and despite supposedly installing up to date drivers, they are known to install outdated drivers.

Regards,

Patrick

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you so much Patrick. I will try to get a new Wireless Card because the current Wireless Adapter I have is WG311v3 which I found at a place where they were giving away free computer parts.So yeah it must be really old (even older than my 5 year old computer I have right now)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My pleasure! Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Patrick

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2020 Views 1,616 Applies to: