Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (mfewfpk.sys)

Hi I have just upgraded from windows 8 to 10 on my laptop and now I am on a permanent loop with the above error and my computer won't start up. I do not have McAfee installed. What do I do now.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that you get an error message “Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal (mfewfpk.sys)” whenever you reboot the computer. I will certainly help you in getting this issue resolved.

I appreciate your effort towards resolving the issue.

If you could help me with more information, I would be able to provide you more effective solution

• Was McAfeeSecurity Software installed on your computer earlier? If Yes, Is it still installed?

I would like to inform you that this issue might be occurring because of McAfee security software.  “mfewfpk.sys” is a component of McAfee and this often cause BSOD error as specified.

If you have McAfee installed on your computer in the past or have right now, I would suggest you to download the McAfee removal tool and uninstall the program using below mentioned link

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Oh but you do have McAfee installed.  We can confirm this through the DMP files.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 4, 2019 Views 868 Applies to: