Driver of Sharp AR-M160 for Windows 8.1 64 Bit OS.

Hi,

I am having Sharp AR-M160 MFP (Multi-Function Printer) with Parallel and USB Ports.

I run it on USB Port on a standalone/dedicated desktop (i.e. the MFP is not connected through network).

I want a compatible MFP Driver supporting Windows 8.1 64 Bit OS - (Integrated Installer for GDI/SPLC Printing & Scanning via USB).

My desktop is having ASUS M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 Motherboard and AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955, Model 4, Processor/CPU.

There is already a post related to the same topic, but, for Win 7 64 Bit OS asked by James on May 24, 2013.

The post was a great help and I tried almost everything mentioned in the post, for example:-

1) Searching the driver at Sharp Australia, Hong Kong, USA, Europe etc. sites and also at this link http://www.sharp-cee.com/cps/rde/xchg/scee/hs.xsl/-/html/service__downloads.htm but it is not available.

2) Downloading drivers of Win 7/ XP/ Vista 64 Bit OS from the above sites and link.

3)Running these drivers as it is or in Compatibility Mode as explained in the above referred post.

I have also sent mails to Sharp Australia, Hong Kong, India and USA, but not received any communication from them.

Earlier I was running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit and was using the following driver which was downloaded by me on 22/08/2012 from Sharp, Australia website:-

“ARM160-M205-5220-5316E-5320D-E_DRV_GDI-SPLC-TWAIN-Win2k-XP-Vista-7-ver1002a_GB”

Now, this driver does not support Win 8.1.

Also when I install Win 7 64 Bit OS Driver directly or in compatibility mode, the Insta Shield Wizard shows following errors, as given in the chronological sequence of screen shots below:-

I am not able to understand whether it is a driver or a OS issue?

Kindly guide and help in the matter at your earliest.

Hi,

Sharp supplies the Drivers for the Products that they sell.

As you say that Sharp does not supply Windows 8.1 Drivers for that Model, I suggest that you will have to wait for a reply from Sharp, or contact them again, as to what their solution to this problem is.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers - Microsoft MVP July 2013 - Dec 2020

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2024 Views 5,991 Applies to: