Driver for generic PS/2 to USB adapter (7, 64 bit)

I bought a generic PS/2 to USB adapter (two female PS/2 connectors that are converted to one male USB plug)

So I can connect my favorite keyboard and mouse to my new 7 PC that has no PS/2 ports.

Yes the keyboard and mouse are in working order, and they are compatible with 7, 64 bit (I tested them on another machine that has PS/2 connectors)

The converter works fine on my old XP 32 bit machine but it doesn’t work on 7, 64 bit.

I need a driver for it.

Thanks.

G.A.Pster wrote:

I bought a generic PS/2 to USB adapter (two female PS/2 connectors that are converted to one male USB plug)

So I can connect my favorite keyboard and mouse to my new 7 PC that has no PS/2 ports.

Yes the keyboard and mouse are in working order, and they are compatible with 7, 64 bit (I tested them on another machine that has PS/2 connectors)

The converter works fine on my old XP 32 bit machine but it doesn’t work on 7, 64 bit.

I need a driver for it.

Thanks.

Contact the adapters manufacturer to obtain the requisite Windows 7 specific device drivers for the adapter.
 --
Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -- RAH

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That’s not possible it’s generic.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi G.A.,

The hardware manufacturer creates the drivers that Win7 uses.

If your not able to to find the cable manufacturer, you may not be able locate a compatible driver.

Chris
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just bought a new HP W7 computer tower and have a 2yr old keyboard with PS/2 plug. I have a Microsoft keyboard ps/2 to usb adaptor but the computer will not recognize it and therefore will not let me use the keyboard. The new keyboard does not have all the buttons & functions of the older one so I really want to use the older one. Same problem as the other 2 people, but hopefully this extra info will help.  I need a driver - any suggestions where to get it?

58 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Chris,

Please see if you can work this one out:

I have a generic adapter for my PS/2 keyboard.  It worked fine for about a year and then stopped suddenly.

After waiting a few months, I plugged it back in and it worked again for a few months and then one day it stopped again.

This is nuts!  The device driver list shows that the PS/2 keyboard is there, is recognized, and according to the list, is working perfectly.

There are forums that say reinstall drivers, etc.  None of that works. The USB to PS/2 adapter is a simple item that says MADE IN CHINA on it--no manufacturer.

How is it possible for it to work for a year, stop working, work again, and then stop working?  I have neither moved nor changed ANYTHING in the setup (Lenovo ThinkPad running MS 7 Professional with SP 1 and all current updates.)

Thanks,

Richard

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I need a driver for it.

Thanks.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 41,433 Applies to: