Drag and Drop

I find it totally frustrating that Microsoft does not give me an email address to address my simple question directly. I have to say that the web page designers seem to do this on purpose.

My question is simple. In the new W10 upgrade version (Aug 2015 model) drag and drop no longer works. Will this be fixed or what other method do W10 users have to use to move or copy files from one folder to another? Very frustrating for me and my Windows clients.

My email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 

Answer
Answer

Sounds like a problem specific to your system, not Windows 10 in general (drag 'n drop - you do know it is still move or copy, eh; it moves by default but a right-click and drag 'n drop gives you choices... - works fine in Windows 10...) - when did you start experiencing the trouble with your system and can you better describe (with examples) what you are trying to do?

For example - on a Windows 10 box I setup, I just dragged and dropped (left mouse button) a file from the DOWNLOADS folder to the DESKTOP folder and it moved it.  I then dragged and dropped the same file (right mouse button this time) from the DESKTOP to the DOWNLOADS folder and chose to COPY it when the choices came up...

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 11, 2022 Views 577 Applies to: