downloading photos in icloud to my desktop windows 10

I joined iCloud as my apple 6 iPhone was full. iCloud has not been user-friendly so I want to take my photos out of the cloud and put all my photos on my computer. I tried a few but they came up with a default icon and no photo. There are over 2,000 photos. How do I take my photos out of the cloud and put them onto my computer in a picture form?

* Mod note: Content of this post is copied from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209454 

Hi I am Shubhang,

1. On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video. Hold the control key on your PC to select multiple photos or videos. 

2. Click and hold the download button the iCloud download icon in the upper corner of the window. If you want to download your photo or video as it was originally captured or imported, choose Unmodified Original. For JPEG or H.264 format — including edits, and even if it was originally in HEIF or HEVC format — choose Most Compatible.*

3. Click Download.

Multiple photos and videos will be downloaded in .zip file. You have to compress it.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

* Mod note: Content of this post is copied from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209454 

Hello Sandrapark2,
I am Jaspreet Singh an independent advisor.
Try the icloud.com route.
Here are the steps :
On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video. Hold the control key on your PC to select multiple photos or videos.
Click and hold the download button the iCloud download icon in the upper corner of the window. If you want to download your photo or video as it was originally captured or imported, choose Unmodified Original.
For JPEG or H.264 format — including edits, and even if it was originally in HEIF or HEVC format — choose Most Compatible.*
Click Download. It should download all those photos in a zip file.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 2,578 Applies to: