Dota 2 Lagging since Last Update

Ever since the latest Windows 10 update, Dota 2 has become basically unplayable due to lagging in game. This is not an internet issue or issue with the game. It appears to be graphics or sound related as it primarily occurs when there is a lot of action/animation in the game. I also know I am not the only Microsoft user experiencing this - entire articles have been written about the issue.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Hello Matthew, sorry about your problems. My name is Marco and I will do my best to help you.

Have you checked if you have an update for your video card?

Depending on your card model, please go to the manufacturer's website and check if new drivers are available.

With nvdia, you can use Gforce Exprience (see link below), which will notify you whenever an update is available.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-ex...

And for ATI Radeon, here is the link to detect if you need an update.
https://www.amd.com/en/support

If you have an Intel video card (onboard), you only need to go to the device manager and do the update.
The procedure to follow: Right-click on the Windows start button and select Device Manager. Then expand "Display Adapters", right-click on the driver name and select "Update".

If your drivers are already up to date, you can uninstall the last update of Windows 10 and wait for the next ones for the video card and Windows.

Here is how to uninstall a Windows update.

Right-click on Windows start button and select Settings.
Choose Update and Security.
Click the Update History link.
Click the Uninstall Updates link.
Choose the last update.
The updates are categorized by program and then by date. Choose the top item in the Microsoft Windows category to remove the most recent Windows update.
Click the Uninstall button that appears on the toolbar.
Follow the directions provided on the screen.
Reboot your pc.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2023 Views 488 Applies to: