Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

So I just had a very nice converastion with one of the MS Support guys _again_

Whats the problem? Well as the Title says: Dolby Atmos for Home Theater...

I am testing a fresh Install of Version 1909 for the third week now. The MSHD Audio drivers were the only way to get Dolby Access (Atmos) working in Games at all, because with the Nvidia HD Audio drivers it is just not working at all, since 2018...

BUT, now I see that even with the MSHD Audio drivers dated 04.09.2019 its not stable at all. It works for a couple of times and then It needs to be force reinstalled to be working again.

Let me start with this Picture from 6 Months ago, when everything was just fine:

Input is the signal which comes from the PC and it is Dolby Atmos, which then gets Outputed as Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 - everythings fine....

But since 1909 we have this Problem:

Somehow the Driver gets broken very fast and even when Atmos is selected as desired Output it send 90% of the time only 2.0 Mutichannel Signal to the Receiver.

If force reinstall the MSHD Audio driver it works for like 1-2 times until something else is launched like Youtube or Spotify or anything else really, it will not work anymore.

Also since 1909 if it somehow miraculously works it is not recognised as ATMOS anymore, but Multichannel signal, which is output as Multichannel 7.1.4 - which I do not think works like real Atmos in certain ways, but as a Virtual Height created by the Receiver.

My question is, since the Problem of this nature is well known all over the Internet since Dolby Access exists, why do I have the feeling that this problem is like of the bottom of the priority list for the last 2 Years ?

I mean we are talking here about stuff which affects like thousands of people with very expensive PC Hardware and even more expensive Audio equipment.

Please start working together with Nvidia, Onkyo, DENON, Marantz, Yamaha and so on to get this finally working as it should.

I mean nobody will use this, if it is broken and unrealiable. I am sorry to tell you, but I have to tell every customer which is buying a Home Theater system for Gaming, that Atmos is still not working without problems. (XBOXs are affected too)

Have a nice day and maybe put this on the top of the list of "windows isssues which urgently need to be solved"

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same issue. Atmos will only show on my receiver if I play a 4k UHD movie in the disc drive/blu blu app.

Nothing else works and shows as multichannel PCM on my amp. Its an Onkyo TX-NR696.

I have tried playing my 4K UHD movies through the Vudu app, Netflix Atmos movies, amd games like Gears of War 4 to test. All of it shows up as PCM on my Onkyo. I really want this to work for Vudu because I buy most of my movies in UHD through it. 

Xbox goes HDMI goes into the Game input on receiver. Settings in my Xbox are bitstream>dolby atmos through HDMI. 

Im also am Xbox insider. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Okay Xbox i just received this from the Dolby support team. So please please please get this feedback to the right people and make your support team aware so people know whats going on and xbox can get this fixed. I understand they said we are still getting Atmos but thats only true if you arent using a headset to chat because the moment i plug mine in to the 3.5 jack on the c****y changes the audio settings to 7.1 uncompressed instead of Bitstream Atmos. So this still needs to be fixed by Xbox.

"Hi there!

Thank you for contacting Dolby Customer Support. I do appreciate your time.

This is an issue we are aware of and this issue is related to an update that Microsoft/Xbox have implented ****o. 

This is a cosmetic issue and you will still be receiving Dolby Atmos audio as our team have tested this, this will require a future update to Dolby Access to resolve this issue however - so I would suggest to keep an eye out for that update for this issue to be resolved.

I hope this helps with your query. Feel free to reach out again in future if you need further assistance by filling out our support form:https://www.dolby.com/us/en/contact-us/dolby-access/contact-us.aspx

Have a wonderful day!
The Dolby Support Team"

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For those that atmos HT works with Microsoft HD audio drivers, what version of the drivers are being used?

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

he wrote : Microsoft HD Audio Driver with the date ''DD/MM/YY'' : 04.09.2019.

i have only Stereo out when i choose 5.1 or 7.1. no sound when i aktivate Dolby Atmos for Home Theater (DAfHT).

After installing NVIDIA HD Audio i am able to use 5.1 and 7.1 for Multichannel PCM, DAfHT still not working= no sound!

what i have 2 do 2 get DAfHT working? just reinstall the MS driver?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi 

I have the same problem with lot of games (FF15, Gears Of War and Forza Horizon 4). 

With Nvidia Driver Audio, i don't have Dolby Atmos with games or the video on the Dolby Acces App just PCM 5.1. 

With Microsoft Audio HD driver i have Dolby Atmos withe the video on the Dolby Access App but i have only PCM with games. 

Windows version : 1909 build 18362.657

Graphic Card : RTX 2080

AV Receiver : Marantz SR6014

Thank you and have a good day

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Issue: Dolby Atmos for Home Theater not showing up. If I select Dolby Amos for Headphones my receiver shows Dolby Atmos but sounds horrible. 3 days before It was working normal with "Dolby Atmos for Home Theater"

Windows version : 1909 build 18363.778
Graphic Card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB
AV Receiver : Marantz SR8805
amp: 2 x Monolith 7 chl.

I have same issue started again. In past, i was able to make it worked by rolling back old High Definition Audio Driver. not anymore.

Please post/provide steps if anyone resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally resolved … don't know how long it will work. 

Make sure your Pre-amp is powered on. (Not sure on this but I had to turn on to see all channels available.)

1. Uninstall cumulative update KB4550945 and KB4549951 and disable Windows Update or at least configure for prompt for any future     update. (This additional step may not require but you can test without uninstalling these patches)

2. Uninstall Dolby Access from your PC and restart your PC.

3. Download DolbyAccess_3.2.169.0.appx driver by visiting https://www.filecroco.com/?s=Dolby+Access

4. Ignore any Dolby Access software update if prompt.

You will see Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi anantminu,

Thanks for this.  Did everything you suggested but get this (stuck, will not progress):

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update:

Installed successfully on another PC (actually multiple PCs) but insists on being updated and still no Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.

Clearly still broken!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please explain your current setup. Also provide me Windows version by running "winver".

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated March 27, 2023 Views 5,072 Applies to: